Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dispatch from Hanover

I've spent the morning in Hanover, marking the 50th Anniversary of Dartmouth College Broadcasting. For half a century, students in the Upper Valley have provided news, sports, and music over the airwaves. Today, both 99 Rock-WFRD and AM 1340 WDCR are student-run radio stations, competing in the very competitive Upper Valley radio market.

I owe a lot to Dartmouth College Broadcasting. As a freshman, I joined the radio news staff covering the elections, and soon became heavily involved in all aspects of the stations. In fact, I ended up going into broadcast journalism after graduation, spending five years as a local reporter in Manchester and Lebanon.

Today, I'm proud to serve on the Dartmouth Broadcasting Board of Overseers, providing advice and support to the students running these stations. I'm very excited to take part in the Dartmouth Election Network this fall, this time as a candidate.

99 Rock

1340 WDCR

No comments: