Wednesday, April 16, 2008

From the Nashua Telegraph

Kevin Landrigan of the Nashua Telegraph reports on the baraictric bypass surgery bill proposed by Sen. Bob Clegg:

Clegg is seeking the Second Congressional District nomination, and fellow Republican congressional candidate Grant Bosse, who attended the hearing, claimed this policy would raise health-care costs.

"SB 312 is compassionate and it is well-meaning. but it is a tremendously bad idea,'' Bosse said. "We can't regulate our way to lower health-care costs.''

1 comment:

Steve Smith said...

I always thought it interesting that we think more highly of our toys than our bodies. Most people would laugh if you suggested that a politician could make your car run better than your mechanic. When it comes to health care though, we seem to flip on that. Bosse has it right. No one should tell my doctor how to treat me. If I find my doctor's care to be substandard, I'll fire them and get another one. The government should have no role in this.